Whether you're an experienced dater, just getting back into the single swing after the break-up of a long relationship, or somewhere in between, here is some dating advice for men that you should keep in mind.
1. Make a good impression. This starts with your personal hygiene. Get a hair cut if necessary and shave. You don't have to wear cologne (in fact some women don't like it) but you must be clean. Make sure you are wearing nice looking clothes that you feel comfortable in and that fit you well.
2. If you smoke, you want to seriously consider giving it up. If you can't, make all attempts to get rid of your smoker's breath and cough. Ironically enough, even women who smoke can't stand the smell of smoke on their man.
3. Listen more and talk less. Ask your date a lot of questions about herself and listen to the answers. Women love to chat and if you can remember things she's told you and bring them up later, you will impress her.
4. Try to keep up with current affairs that you can discuss in conversation - this is one of the best pieces of dating advice for men that is often overlooked.
5. Take some time to learn about manners and chivalry. Women want to be treated with respect. Hold the door open for your date. Don't use rude or vulgar language. It can also help to know how and what to eat in a fancy restaurant, and a little about fashion, jewelry and flowers.
6. Keep your sports lingo in check. Most guys love sports and that's fine. But it shouldn't be all you talk and think about, at least while you are with your date. Some women love sports too. But they don't tend to talk about it all the time as men can do. Many women interpret an obsession with sports talk as a total lack of thought, creativity or inspiration.
7. If you don't dance, you might want to consider learning how. Women love to dance and the benefit for you is that it puts you in close contact with each other. Dancing is considered romantic and sexy. Worse than being a terrible dancer is staying seated when your date wants to dance. You could even take lessons together.
8. Don't expect sex on the first date. Period.
9. Keep your career goals as one top priority. Most women want a man who has some ambition in life and even if they pretend to think your job isn't important, they do.
10. Taking your date for a drink every once in a while is fine but don't make it a habit to hang out at bars all the time.
These is just an introductory guide to the many aspects that are part of dating advice for men. Heed these and you will be off to a good start!